St. Patrick's Day was a big hit this year. Jackson picked out his own clothes, and I'm so sad I didn't get a picture of it. He wore a bright green shirt with his green warm-up pants. He was decked out! Jackson's class tried to catch a leprechaun last week by making and coloring their own leprechaun trap. The leprechaun was too quick to get caught, but he did make a big mess in his visit! Jackson was so excited as he replayed the days adventures. Fortunately, the leprechaun decided to pay a visit to Jackson's house on the morning of St. Patrick's Day. He was in a very festive mood...
In addition to the streamers and balloons in the living room, he also spent some time in Jackson's room. Jackson's nap buddies tried to stop the leprechaun, so he wrapped them all up...
The leprechaun also took the time to make Jackson a special breakfast - a fruit rainbow with green dip and Lucky Charms with green milk!
Jackson especially loved the crazy straw the leprechaun brought - it makes huge bubbles in the milk!
Later that morning we went to the driving range to hit some balls - and buy some new clubs! I am really enjoying my lessons and have become so much better. The pro who is helping me is fantastic and even helped me find a great deal on some new clubs. While we were in the shop, he noticed Jackson was all decked out for the holiday. He leaned forward with his fist, telling Jackson he could pinch him since he wasn't wearing green. Jackson totally didn't understand the tradition and ended up punching him instead. Ooops! I think the golf pro got a little more than he bargained for - Jackson is getting pretty strong!
We've continued the "Star" program with Jackson, and he has done great. He earned over 60 stars, and so he was able to pick out his rewards at the store. He was so cute walking up and down the aisles trying to decided what to get. Naturally, we went to the Superhero aisle!
He finally decided he'd rather get 2 smaller items rather than 1 bigger item. He LOVES the toys with parachutes, so we may need your help again, Dad! He picked out a flying Iron Man and a Parachuting Captain America. He was so excited to pay for these and take them home.
The parachute didn't end up working too well, especially with our set-up, but Jackson didn't seem to mind. Tom and I still felt a little bad for him, but that's what he really wanted!
We're continuing the star program since it seems to be working so well. Jackson does a great job putting up his dishes after each meal (usually without us even reminding him!) and has become really fast at picking up his toys. We are so glad that we included reading time as part of this - it's one of my favorite parts and is great quality time together. He seems to be picking up words fairly quickly, too. One morning on our way to school, Jackson started picking out words he saw and sounded them out. Next thing I hear is "C-O-X......Cox! Hey, that rhymes with box and socks.....hey socks and cox rhyme!" I can only hope that when he told Ms. Anita and Ms. Sabrina, he went ahead and also spelled it out for them. Otherwise, I am going to be very embarrassed when I pick him up...


No comments:
Post a Comment