January 2, 2012

Merry Christmas! Part 2

Our Christmas continued as we went to Stillwater to celebrate the Caldwell family Christmas. We started the festivities off with a lunch at Eskimo Joes. What a fine looking bunch...

Reese just can't seem to get close enough to Jackson. I wonder where she learned that??

No meal is complete without a little dancing. I like Tom's comment about 1/2 through about how they are probably not the first ones to have fallen on the floor of the bar. Tom, you're so funny! He was cracking us up all weekend.

After lunch it was time for a quick game of Zingo. Jackson and Reese were so sweet during the game, each giving others the tiles that they needed....even if they needed it, too. I can't say the same for Dad.

While the kids were asleep, Casey and Jenna ran out to get a $19 paper clip (which was TOTALLY worth it, by the way). They left Reese alone in Papa's arms. Both look pretty content.

We went to the Christmas Eve service later that night. It was such a nice service. Jenna put together an amazing script to share the Christmas story while also weaving in the "I Wonder" method from Children in Worship.

Jackson is turning on his model moves - look at that pose!


After the service, Jackson and Reese were allowed to open 1 package. Disregard the number of socks in this picture - apparently we were all gettin' comfy.

No Christmas Eve is complete without dancing to a little dolcimer music.

On Christmas morning, we started with our annual tradition: marching along with "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"

Jackson, Reese and Emerson posed for the annual Christmas morning pic. As soon as this picture was taken, Reese got up to go play with her kitchen she had just got. It took a minute for us to realize that she had just left Emerson laying on the ground!

What a good looking crew!

The superhero Christmas continued.

Jackson was so excited about this present. He kept saying "It's just what I've always wanted!". Between the talking Spiderman, the Spiderman hands that shoot "webs" and the 5-car in 1 Spidey mobile, Jackson is set!

I love the surprised look on his face. Santa decided Jackson needed an easy way to carry all of his new superhero action figures. And it makes for a pretty handy lunch pail for picnic lunches at the park.

Reese seemed to like her princess bath toys. Jackson picked them out especially for Reese at Disney World.

Both kids were so excited to open presents. Here they are looking for presents to hand out....I think they were both trying to find the presents with their name on them.

Jackson found Santa's hat and decided to pretend to be Santa. Can't you just hear him saying "Ho Ho Ho!" with a belly laugh?


Mom looks pretty happy in this one. I think this is just where both of them wanted to be all morning!

This was definitely my year for jewelry!

Johnnie, Casey, Reese and Emerson gave Jackson a cool Science Kit for Christmas. We tried it out this week (more on that later), and it was a huge hit!

We found a person on the Angel Tree that reminded us so much of Dad - he wanted a watch with a flexible band and a tool set. I hope he enjoyed his watch and tool set as much as Dad loves his!

Both of the grandkids were very interested in playing with their toys as we went along. Although it did extend the length of gift opening, it was fun to watch them play (and to play along!).

Casey and Emerson needed a mid-morning snack, so they went to the new cafe that just opened up in the corner. Reese was a great chef and quickly filled their orders!

Tom and Jackson gave me a special gift. I love the tag on this present. Jackson obviously has other things on his mind!

My parents also gave us a nice bottle of wine. I have absolutely no idea what wine to pick, especially when giving them as hostess gifts. We went to a United Way party a few months ago, and we brought a bottle of wine as a hostess gift. we had no idea what to pick and just randomly selected one, hoping they were like us and just appreciated any bottle of wine. To my dismay, as soon as we walked in the door, there was a huge wine cellar on the left....now I at least know my go-to bottle of wine to take in the future! Thanks Mom and Dad!

Jenna and I made a photo book for our parents with all of the grandkids pictures and artwork. We had such a good time making it, and based upon their reaction, I think they really liked it. It always makes you feel good when someone tears up at your gift!

The tears continued when Jenna opened up these gifts from my parents - original paintings made from the old windows from Dwight. What a special gift!

To lighten the mood, Casey made sure everyone was aware of Emerson's milestone - first boogie!

I got the final gift. Based upon the the 2 previous gifts (the photo book and the window paintings), I was a little unsure what it could be. To my dismay, I mean surprise, I got the Christmas Pie! My parents have resurrected it, and I was the first lucky recipient. My parents really outdid themselves with the poem - it will be a hard one to top next year! May need to start working on it in June. :) I didn't get any pictures of me opening the gift, but I hear my reaction was exactly what they hoped it would be - lots of eye rolling!

While Santa was delivering the stockings, Tom, Reese and Jackson played a little Candyland with their own figurines as game pieces.

After all of the festivities, Jackson had to try out the new Toy Story Mania game. He sure loves his cowboy hat!

Whew - I don't know about you, but I am tired after reading all of that! What a great Christmas we have had. Thank you to all for making this such a wonderful week. We love you and are so blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment