January 2, 2012

Merry Christmas! Part 1

We celebrated Christmas a few days early with the McGillen's at our house. On Wednesday night, we met the McGillen's at Chimi's for some Mexican. After dinner, we came home to bake some delicious chocolate chip cookies for Santa. And yes, you'll notice the cookie dough is in perfect squares. I count them as homemade as long as I was the one who put them in the oven! Here he is trying to wink at the camera.

While we were waiting for the cookies to finish baking, we started smelling something. Unfortunately, it wasn't the cookies.


Once his feet were sufficiently covered up in his superhero pajamas, Jackson made Santa his plate of cookies. He used his favorite Mickey plate and was so proud that the cookies fit perfectly in the ears.

He also drew several pictures for Santa. The first was a letter to Santa. It read: Dear Santa, I like toys. Jackson"


The 2nd picture was of our Christmas tree. This one had a story with it. He drew one of our Christmas ornaments on our tree (the one where I was climbing the deethanizer tower - how many people have THAT on their tree??). He then imagined that I was calling for help, saying "Oh dear!" He then drew Iron Man to come save Mommy. I love that he drew some of the ornaments on our tree. Have I mentioned how much I love those ornaments??


We were almost finished with the pictures when he realized that he hadn't drawn Santa Claus a picture.

The next morning, we awoke to a tree filled with presents.

We also found this note for Jackson from Santa:

Jackson was really into opening presents this year. It was so much fun to watch.

Jackson's parents found this green dinosaur hat for him. It kept his ears really warm.

This was definitely a superhero Christmas. I'm embarrassed to admit how many superheroes and bad guys he now has. I think we've played with all of them this week, though!

A superhero always needs rubber frog boots - you never know what you might be stepping into!

Jackson also got a big Spiderman napbuddy. I think he'll have to work to get it away from Granddad though!

Jackson's Great-Grandma McGillen gave him this Batcave. Jackson LOVED it and has been playing with it constantly.


On every single letter to Santa, he has written that he wanted an Iron Man helmut, Iron Man hand and rocket boots. 2 of the 3 wasn't bad....I don't think Santa even makes rocket boots.

Jackson also has been serenading us with his own music now that he has his own guitar. I have noticed that he is destined to be a rock star....all of his original songs definitely have an edge to them. I'm not sure where he has picked that up. We definitely don't listen to heavy metal!

We made Tom's parents a book filled with pictures of them with Jackson and some of Jackson's art.

After all of the packages had been opened, we had a delicious Christmas dinner. I took 5 different pictures, and in each one of them, Jackson was determined not to look at the camera!

We also got the Just Dance game for the Wii. I'm embarrassed to say how much I enjoy playing it - and I have NO rhythm! Jackson also liked dancing along, though his moves are MUCH cooler.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment