September 13, 2012

Let's Race

Since we've both been traveling quite a bit lately, I try to make each time that Jackson and I are home together extra fun.  Tom was going to be gone last weekend, and since Jackson has been talking a lot about having playdates (and sleepovers) with his friends, I decided we'd try to get his friends together on a Saturday morning.  We ended up going to Andy B's, a bowling alley that also had go-karts (and in late Sept - laser tag!).  Almost all of his friends made it, and they had a blast together bowling, eating bowling alley snacks and most importantly, racing!

They had little rookie race cars (that's really what they called them) for kids 5-9 yrs old that they could drive themselves.  Jackson was beyond excited (but trying very hard to play it cool).

Before long, it was race time!  I was a little afraid that they would be too fast for the kids, but I had no reason to worry:

Jackson did really well maneuvering around the other cars.  He really liked it when he'd get close to some of his friends:

When I asked how it went after he was back from his race, this is what I got:

By the time we got in the car to go home, he had already asked when we could do it again.  That's what I call a successful playdate!

Later that afternoon, after a quick lunch and a really quick nap, I surprised Jackson with a trip to the movies.  We saw The Odd Life of Timothy Green.  What a great movie!  I bawled like a baby.  Didn't help that Jackson kept looking up at me with a smile and kept saying "I love you mama".  Makes my heart melt.  Definitely going to have to watch that one again.

After the movies, it was such a beautiful day that we decided to go to the park.  Jackson obviously isn't my child as he kept asking me to take pictures of him.  :)

He's become so brave on the playground.  He used to be terrified of the rock wall, and now he can do it with ease.  He's also starting going down the fireman's pole - that still terrifies me!

In other news of the week, I became a redhead!  Wasn't quite what I was going for, but I'm learning to rock it.  It's pretty funny watching others reactions - some like it, and someone actually told me: I don't hate it, but it was gorgeous before!  They obviously hadn't seen the orange skunk stripes I was given by the first hairstylist!

The most exciting news this week was that we finally signed a contract with our builder!  The lot is officially ours! They indicated they'd start breaking ground in 2-3 weeks - pray for rain!  We got the first sketch of potential elevations for our house today - definitely going to make some changes, but I like where we are starting from (click to enlarge the pic):

Can't wait to get started!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a fun mommy! What a great idea god a play date. Jackson sure was trying to play it cool! Sounds like an incredible day you guys had! And I think the hair us really cool! Cool hair, cool jewelry, colored shoes-you are such a fashionista! LOVE the house. So glad it's officially your lot! Thanks for the update! Love you!

    ReplyDelete