I just love the sea of orange!
Despite the heat and humidity, Jackson wanted to be held. Pamma to the rescue!
We had lunch earlier that afternoon at El Vaquerro to try to stay away from the crowds. Jackson and Reese saw the gumball machines full of candy and toys as we walked in, and Jackson kept asking if he could get a toy when we were done. I initially told him no, but then I saw my mom's puppy dog face and I knew I would end up changing my mind! "Ask her again" urged my mom. So really, I had no choice but to say yes! It was so cute watching Jackson and Reese pick out which one they wanted. Jackson chose a "superhero" ball (quite scary and disturbing, actually) and Reese picked out a pretty little ring.
In other news, we made our first purchase for our new house today - new appliances! We have been doing so much research about which appliances to get, and found that almost every appliance online has a poor rating, so we just went with what we liked. We were laughing, though, because one of the features that is on our new refrigerator is a "door alarm". I joked to Tom that this could come in pretty handy - next time I decide to go on a diet, we'll just set the door alarm instead! We got a really great deal on all of our appliances and managed to stay within $200 of our allowance (including tax), so we feel pretty good about that. And that doesn't take into account any rebates. So we're considering it a win! Tom and I were really excited by our purchase - it's starting to feel real!
We drove by our lot later this afternoon. My heart skipped a beat when I saw they had a "sold" sign in front of our lot. We are praying that the "sold" sign means that it is truly ours. We're meeting with our builder this week to hopefully finalize everything, sign the contract and put some money down, and then we can rest a little easier.
June 23, 2012:
September 2, 2012:
We've started a "Chore Chart" with Jackson. He loves coloring in the squares each night on each of his chores that he has accomplished for the day - just like kindergarten, he says. One of his "chores" is to read 1 book on his own each day. He is starting to get really good at sounding out words, and he's read 2 books on his own this week. I love that now he's even starting to ask to read to us instead of us read to him. Favorite time of the day! We had a good laugh tonight as he was reading his book about Nemo. Instead of reading the word "helps", he sounded it out on his own and said "Oh, I know! Little piss!" I just about died laughing.
Jackson has been asking a lot lately if he could play with his webshooter. We kept putting it off since it had to be outside, and it's just been so hot lately. He's been looking forward to Sunday - "webshooter day" as he calls it. He even got it out this morning and put it on the middle of a table today just to make sure that we don't forget. :) He LOVED playing with it.
Spiderman!
Hey, this stuff is sticky!
Hmmm, I wonder who was just here?
Jackson was having a blast spraying his webs. As he ran out of silly string, he looked down and said sadly "Hey, I think I just ran out of my powers!" We promised more powers tomorrow - but with water instead of silly string!
Happy Labor Day!






No comments:
Post a Comment