November 25, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!  It was a busy week gearing up for the Thanksgiving festivities, made a little more difficult with me being sick and Tom having a kidney stone.  That didn't stop us too much, though!

On Wednesday, we went down to Moore to have Thanksgiving with Tom's family.  It was my first year to do the entire Thanksgiving meal, and I think it went pretty well.  I justified (some of) my time on Pinterest by trying a couple of pins.  I highly recommend the "frukey" (as Tom calls it) and the best broccoli ever....

Rob flew in for Thanksgiving, so it was nice to have the whole McGillen family there to celebrate Thanksgiving together.  We ordered a smoked turkey from Van's - definitely a new tradition.  It was so delicious that Jackson even liked it!

Before lunch, Jackson and Tom helped decorate their Christmas tree in accordance with the annual tradition.  Jackson really liked climbing the stool and had Tom deliver ornaments to him.  As I was snapping photos, Tom decided to put reindeer antlers on Jackson without him knowing....

As soon as Jackson realized this, he had to have another picture with him doing it to Daddy.

We had a nice time being together and even got to Skype with Rob's girlfriend, Olivia, in China.  We were thankful that Linda is doing better.  We had a great visit!

On Thursday night, we went down to my parents house.  Tom's kidney stone was bothering him, so he immediately went upstairs to lie down.  A few hours later as Grandma was getting ready to go to bed, she asked if we were going to let Tom come in or was he going to have to stay in the car all night!  We had a good laugh over that one.

Dad and I made plans to go to Black Friday at Lowe's (I must be getting older...).  I had planned to get up and leave with him at 4:30, but we had to make a midnight run to the ER with Tom as his kidney stone was really starting to hurt.  We love the Stillwater Medical Center!  Needless to say, I didn't end up going to Lowes the next morning, but I am impressed that Dad made it to both Lowes and Walmart!

After our Thanksgiving dinner (crab cakes - yum!), we went to the Children's Museum, which is Jackson's favorite place.  I love the dr's office - it has everything from the receptionist, the exam room, xrays and lab and operating room!

They are always changing out different exhibits to get it new and exciting.  This time they had new costumes, which Jackson really got into.  His favorite was the lion costume and he'd strut around the entire place.  He also really liked climbing high on the rock wall:

My mom had been working on a secret project with Jackson and Reese for months, and it was such a great surprise to see their work on each of our plates for Thanksgiving dinner.  Both Jackson and Reese had colored "I Am Thankful For..." for each one of us and described what they loved about us.  We will treasure them forever.

Papa's said that they loved that he was silly, funny, drinks coffee, and rakes leaves so that they could jump in them.

Pamma's said that she was important (with black hair!), funny, family and plays games and ball.

I loved Grandma Etta's in that she tries.  Mom said that when they were writing these, Jackson and Reese said that although its hard for her to get around, she always tries and does it!

Mine said that I was silly, funny, pretty, takes showers (I'd love to hear the thought process on this one!), married to Daddy (thank goodness - otherwise that might be awkward!), talks on the phone and loves them.

Tom's said that he was VERY silly, funny, and makes funny faces (I'm sensing a trend here).  They also love that he makes Jackson's house, which melted my heart.

We are so thankful for our family and our time that we are able to spend together.  We love you all!  And stay tuned - our annual Christmas ornaments will be in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment