September 30, 2010

He did it!


It's official-Jackson is potty-trained! They always say to be patient and it will eventually click. They were right. In less than 1 day, he went from diapers to going consistently in the potty. We had promised him new Toy Story bedding when he could go consistently in the potty (3 times in 1 day - we're softies). He was so proud of himself when he finally got it - it actually took about 2 weeks before he was successful. Since then, he lays down on his bed pretty much every day.
Good night!He is so proud of his new big-boy underwear. One of our neighbors had stopped at our house so that Jackson and her daughter could meet each other. Jackson promptly pulled down his pants to show her his Thomas underwear. I could tell that she was impressed. I was very proud. It was a great first impression for a new neighbor. (Sarcasm doesn't really read well on a blog, does it?)

Jackson thought this was the best game ever. He loves hats lately and will make almost anything into one. The pants apparently look better on his head than his legs - either way, I think he's pretty cute. He ran back and forth this hallway for quite a while. Love you, little streaker!I left Jackson alone for about 5 minutes while he was painting so that I could finish some laundry. When I came back, I found that he had been extremely busy "painting" some masterpieces - on all visible body parts! He used his markers to give himself some really nice tattoos. The next day, while we were outside playing, he decided his tattoos needed a little more work and proceeded to color all over himself with chalk. Needless to say, it was bathtime shortly after.
We got the spring cleaning bug a few weeks ago and decided to totally clean up our pantry. I can't believe how much space we have now! It feels so nice to be able to actually walk in and not be tripping over Jackson's grocery cart or multiple kitchen appliances. Tom and I find ourselves opening up the pantry door and just looking around with a smile on our face. It's the small things in life.
While we were mopping the floors, Jackson made a train out of the kitchen chairs and then strapped in George Lightyear for a ride. He loves buckling himself into his seat - this activity probably occupied him for at least 15 minutes!
We all three went to the Tulsa zoo for the first time. Jackson really wanted to see the monkeys, bears and the zebras. Of course, when we got to where they were, he'd take 1 look at them and then wanted us to move on to the next set. I don't think he realized how uncommon it is to see these animals!



Jackson's (and Tom's) first taste of cotton candy. Neither of them really liked it. Thank goodness it was free!Of everything that we did and saw at the zoo, when you ask him what he likes most, he says the train!
Playing with the dress-up doll puzzle in his Woody outfit. He has been wearing it so much lately. In fact, over 1/2 the time that we ask him what he wants to be for Halloween, he tells us "Woody". Of course, the other 1/2 is always Buzz. We'll probably end up buying Buzz and then let him pick depending upon his mood for the school party and then trick-or-treating.
We bought the iPad originally because we thought it would be great for Tom's work and entertainment when either one of us travelled. We had no idea Jackson would become so quickly attached to it or so good at the apps. He now has his own screen filled with his apps. I love it because most of them are educational games that he loves playing. However, he also loves Pac-man, and I'm embarrassed to say he's almost better at it than I am!
I love how decked out Jackson is here with stickers - stickers on his foam visor (to shield the bright moonlight), his Cowboy Woody-Jackson sticker from Johnnie and the yellow bus! All ready for a good night's sleep!
Eating hibachi at Kyoto's
Jackson was so afraid of the fire!
This is one of my favorite pictures...
Hmmm....do you think Jackson is tired of me taking pictures?
I don't know how I did this, but I caught Jackson just as he slid down the slide - almost like I planned it! I love our new camera!

The other day while we were coloring outside (I draw some pretty incredible flowers on our driveway if I do say so myself), Jackson saunters over to me and says with a sly grin "hey pretty lady!" Now where would he have heard that?

More pictures from September:

2 comments:

  1. The "little streaker" is adorable! I love your posts and all the pictures. You do such a great job of capturing the little moments that say so much! He is such a happy, inquisitive, and sweet little boy...and we can feel your pride and love in your family in the pictures. Love it!
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan and Barry LinvilleOctober 4, 2010 at 10:30 AM

    Dear Melissa and Tom
    Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful pictures of Jackson. Barry and I will get to know your little fellow even though we live miles apart. He is just as cute as can be and very impressive on the computers. Take care and keep enjoying the moments. They are priceless!
    Love,
    The Linville's

    ReplyDelete