February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I'll always remember how Dad used to get all of his girls flowers - Jenna and I used to each get our own roses in our own little vase. You were so sweet to us, Dad! We love you!

Jackson's class had their Valentine's party on Friday. In this class, everyone has an assigned spot - and they all know exactly where they're supposed to sit.
One of the kids in Jackson's class gave out sheets of Disney and Cars stickers. Almost all of them chose to give each other their stickers rather than keeping them for themselves. Here Jackson is giving Joseph his last sticker.
Tom got attached by the dinosaurs during the party. I absolutely love Tom's faces as he plays with the kids.

After quite a bit of sugar from the Valentine's party, Jackson and his other buds had a blast jumping up and down in the loft area.
I tried to get a few good pics of Jackson and Nash - it's difficult with two kids!

Cupid went a little overboard this year, but I justify it by saying it's all educational....right? Jackson got several books, including a Backyardigans Tag Junior book from Gramma and Papa. He just loves those Tag Junior books; he's read his Curious George and Backyardigans book enough (already) that he's already unlocked some coloring pages online. He loved coloring those, too. He also got an ABC puzzle, which he's probably not quite ready for. I have to admit, the letter are shaped so weird that even I was having trouble for a short bit! :) He also got quite a few stickers, which are now everywhere on him. Jackson particularly likes showing them off on his face and the front and back of his hands.
We had another movie night this weekend. Jackson gets so excited - it's the one night where we don't have to struggle to brush his teeth or take a bath! This week we watched Up - we were not impressed. It was a bit of a downer. Jackson still liked it, though. Here he is getting all ready for the movie to start.
Here he's watching the movie in his Valentine's Day glasses from Ms. Melissa:
Nash and his big brother, Cooper, came over to play on Saturday. Jackson was so excited for Nash to come over. He even helped pick up! As soon as Jackson saw Nash at the door, he started shrieking. It was so cute watching them play together. Jackson was showing Nash everything. Here is Jackson pushing Cooper and Nash in his car....
Nash taught Jackson how to eat the ice. Jackson looks so pleased with his new skill.
They also had a lot of fun playing with the trains. I just love watching Jackson play with his friends.
They had a lot of fun together. The morning was spent playing with trains, coloring on the easel, playing with balls and lots of jumping in the Jump and ball pit. When Nash had to put on his coat, Jackson started getting really upset. He kept asking me to put on his coat so that he could go with Nash. For the next five minutes after Nash left, Jackson was wailing and asking Nash to come back or asking to go with Nash.

For the rest of the weekend, Jackson just keeps asking if Nash can come over again. This morning I asked Jackson if he had good dreams and what he dreamt about. His reply: "Nash. He come over to play again." We'll do it again soon, I promise! Thanks for bringing the boys over, Allison!

We're big into playing pretend. Tonight he was pretending to go shopping, but he had to find his purse before he could leave. I found an old purse of mine and gave it to him. Jackson filled the purse with his phone and some pens, grabbed his keys and turned to say "Good bye. I'll be back." He then turned, walked down the hall and opened up the door to the garage as he pretended to go to the car! Guess we'll have to be locking that door when we get home...or at least make sure the garage door is closed. You're growing up so fast, Jackson!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Looks like Valentine's Day was a great success and he's got the right idea about giving those stickers! I know he had such a good time with Nash. Was glad to see his assigned seat is right by Nash...good planning! Sure was good to talk to you and Jackson tonight! Way to earn that snack, Jackson! Glad you all had a gret Valentine holiday...you are loved! Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures of Nash and Jackson are SO PRECIOUS! I have a feeling those will come back to haunt them when they are best friends in Junior High! Ha! Loved spending time with you last Saturday...are we still on for this Saturday in Owasso?? Love you! Aunt Johnnie

    ReplyDelete