December 19, 2009

I can't believe that Christmas is already almost here! December has flown by. In mid-December, Williams had their annual kids Christmas party. This year it was held in our building; most of the stuff was really for older kids, so we mainly walked around. Jackson did like the inflatable Santa and train as well as walking along the black stripe on the floor! Jackson really likes the ideas of parties right now. When we say we're going to a party, he'll follow up with "a birthday?" He now thinks all non-birthday parties are at mama's building.
Lately Jackson loves playing with Mr. Potato Head. He'll carry it to the nearest table and put everything on and then take it off again. Tom and I can't get over how much time he spends playing with it...so much so that Santa was notified of the late addition to Jackson's list - a Mr. Potato Head suitcase and accessories.
Anytime I think of a list for Santa now, I can't help but think of my friend Katie's experience. She's a supermom! She had a great list of ideas to do with her kids to help them get in the Christmas spirit all year, one of which was writing a list for Santa. Needless to say, it didn't quite go as hoped, and we were all deeply concerned that Santa was going to be able to make the toy as described by her son. Fortunately, she figured it out in time. I'm going to try to follow her lead next year....hopefully starting in October!

Jackson had his school Christmas party on Thursday. I wasn't able to go, but Tom did. He showed up while Jackson's class was outside on the playground. I think Jackson was pretty excited to see Tom show up - Jackson was showing him everything on the playground.
I am amazed at how well behaved all of them are, especially when traveling from place to place. Those ropes are amazing! Jackson knows exactly what to do, and he will not let go of that handle until they say it's ok. Here he is standing next to Justice (polka dot coat) and Reese (pink hat). Reese is Jackson's special friend right now. When we come in to class in the mornings, she's always bringing him something (usually a cracker or snack) or just comes up to hold his hand. The other day, I found them dancing and holding hands together. Justice joined in on the fun, and Jackson started leading them all around them room. Before we left, they all had to give each other lots of hugs.
Here is a class picture on the mat after their snacks:
We've been trying to get some good pictures of Jackson in front of the tree, but it's been difficult. Lately he's really been cheesing it up when you take a picture...so much so he usually looks mad!
Jackson loves looking at all of the ornaments. Unfortunately, he also likes taking them off and hanging them back on....usually all on the same branch! Here he is getting caught playing with the ornaments:

On Friday, Jackson's school had their Christmas program. Tom and I finished up our shopping just before the program - it's so nice to be finished, stockings and all! Jackson's class sang Jingle Bells. Jackson had been practicing all week in the car. It usually sounds like "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells....Hey!...Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells....Hey!" I think the whole class got stage fright, because I don't think anyone of them really ended up singing....though they did get the "hey" part! It cracks me up at the end of the video when they're lining up to walk out. Jackson zooms in on one handle and just doesn't let go except to move his bells to the other hand.

At the end of the program, all of the kids got up front to sing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". Jackson's class is in the far left in this picture. At the end of the song, we could see Jackson stand up and start clapping. Then he grabbed his friend Cort's hand excitedly and waited for the class to go back to their room. So cute!
Sheepie is Jackson's new friend. He drags this chair everywhere around the house, usually by one leg. Jackson was adamant that Tom hold both of them in his lap. BTW - Jackson has also started calling himself "Jack" not "Jackson". We're not quite sure how that one started.
Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas! It's going to be so much fun this year!







No comments:

Post a Comment